Gone are the days of busily toiling over a hot stove. With a multi cooker you can take a step back from the kitchen, saving yourself a lot of valuable time and energy. Multi cookers allow you to prepare food by simply pressing a button and walking away, they are perfect for people with a busy lifestyle.
A multi cooker is able to bake, fry, deep fry, grill, roast, stew, steam and brown food. This handy device is able to do most the tasks of a cooker and a dozen kitchen utensils, whilst only taking up a small area of space on your counter. All you need to do is add the ingredients and wait for your food to be ready. This list introduces the top 5 multi cookers available on today’s market.
Multi Cookers – Comparison Of The Top 5 On The Market
Tefal Cook4 Me Review – Our Number 1
The first product on our list is the Cook4Me from Tefal (Click here for price!). The Cook4Me – as the name suggests – is an intelligent appliance that does the hard work for you. It comes with a variety of functions that guide you through food preparation, as follows:
- This appliance automatically sets cooking times and temperatures, giving you the required quantity of every ingredient.
- It has an interactive LCD display with easy to follow instructions.
- Over 50 pre-programmed recipes (including 30 quick-cook recipes and 20 vegetarian options).
- 6 litre capacity for up to 6 family members or friends.
- Keeps food warm for up to 90 minutes – so you can prepare the meal now and enjoy it later.
The Cook4Me is a quality product from Tefal, a long-established company that consistently turns out functional, reliable kitchenware and home appliances. It has a simple, intelligent design that stands out from other multi cookers currently on the market. What really earns the Cook4Me the first prize is its functionality – not only does it simplify cooking, it guides you through the process and even comes with a selection of recipes! The Tefal Cook4Me is one of the best multi cookers out there at the moment.
Features: 6 Litre – LCD Display – Pre-Programmed Recipes
Pricing: High End
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Review – Number 2
Next up is the Duo 7-in-1 from Instant Pot. It may not be as attractive as the Cook4Me, but what it lacks in looks it makes up for in usefulness. The Duo functions as a pressure cooker,
slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker and warmer. It can be used to make soups; meat dishes; stews; bean dishes, such as chili; poultry; rice; and oats. It is able to slow cook, keep food warm, pasteurise, sauté and can be used for fermenting. In short, the Duo is an endlessly useful machine. Not only can it do all this but it is highly-energy efficient. The makers estimate that the Duo is able to cook 2-3 times faster than a conventional oven and use 70% less energy. Here are some of the multi cookers functions in brief:
- The Duo is a 7-in-1 multi-functional cooker: yoghurt maker, pressure cooker, rice cooker and more.
- Emitting very little steam or heat, it is noiseless, energy-efficient and safe.
- It has a large, uncomplicated control panel with 14 built-in programmes.
- It comes with a 3-ply base stainless steel cooking pot, steam rack, measuring cup, ladle, spoon and recipe book.
- 6 litre capacity – great for entertaining.
- Keeps food warm for up to 10 hours before serving – don’t let good food go to waste.
The Duo from Instant Pot really gives an indication of how technology is supplanting traditional methods of preparing food. It is a small, efficient and quiet device that is able to both cook meat and make yoghurt. Another great function is its ability to keep food warm throughout the day.
Features: 6 Litre – 14 Cooking Functions – Safe and Energy Efficient
Pricing: Mid Range
Crock-Pot Review – Number 3
Crock Pot have been making slow cookers since their first rise to popularity. Now they’ve put together their knowledge and expertise in one-pot electrical cooking to bring out the Crock-Pot Multi-Cooker. Here are some of its functions:
- The Crock-Pot Multi-Cooker is a versatile device – you can use it to roast, bake, sauté, steam, sear or slow-cook your food.
- It has an easy-to-use digital display timer.
- 5.6 litre capacity – ideal for families or entertaining.
- Includes a roasting rack and rice measure.
- Dishwasher safe pan – no need to get your hands dirty.
This multi cooker from Crock Pot can be used not only to make roast dinners, curries, casseroles, steamed fish and rice, but also cakes and other desserts. All of this in one small appliance on your kitchen work surface. It also comes with 5 clever functions to simplify cooking, including the capacity to double-up as a slow cooker. The pan that the food is prepared in itself can be taken straight to the dinner table and can be put in a dishwasher. No more dirty pots and pans!
Features: 5.6 Litre – 5 cooking functions – easy to clean
Price: Mid range
Russell Hobbs 21850 Review – Number 4
The Russell Hobbs 21850 MultiCooker is another well-designed device with a sleek silver and black finish. It has 11 different settings, allowing you to fry, stir fry, steam, braise, slow cook, fast stew, grill and boil food. Thereby allowing you to prepare a variety of meals with nothing more than the press of a button. Additional features include:
- It has 11 cooking programmes – catering for all your cooking needs.
- An LED display with 24-hour pre-set timer.
- An anti-condensation lid cover.
- A 1-year guarantee – for ease of mind
This multi cooker from Russell Hobbs with its wonderful design and numerous functions is one of the cheapest appliances on our list – making this a real bargain. It is also capable of keeping food hot and has a non-stick pan for easy cleaning.
Features: 5 Litre – LED Display and Pre-Set Timer – 11 Cooking Functions
Morphy Richards Intellichef Review – Number 5
The final item on our list is the Morphy Richards Intellichef Multicooker. This multi cooker stands apart from its rivals on this list with a glass lid that allows you to peek gingerly in at your food as it cooks. It also has a frying basket, which can be used to prepare deep-fried dishes, such as fish and chips. Other features are as follows:
- The Intellichef has 8 cooking functions – allowing you to cook a variety of dishes.
- 5 litre capacity – good for family gatherings or having guests.
- A glass lid for monitoring cooking process.
- A simple temperature gauge – making cooking that much easier.
The cheapest item on our list, it is also the smallest which means more space in kitchen areas. It can be used to steam, grill, fry, slow cook, boil, stir fry, fast stew or braise foods. It has a
simple control knob to select the correct temperature for your chosen cooking function. It also comes with a steaming rack and frying basket.
Features: 5 Litre – 8 Cooking Settings – Transparent Glass Lid
The top spot goes to the Tefal CY701840 Cook4Me Intelligent Multi Cooker. The Cook4Me has a large selection of recipes to help you prepare food – it effectively does the cooking for you! Not only that, it looks nice and would spruce up any modern kitchen with its simple and tasteful design. It is a costlier purchase, but with Tefal you have a guarantee of quality and an appliance that will serve you for many years. So, when purchasing a multi cooker, consider getting the best!