Top 5 Multi Cookers
Multi cookers are not only more compact than a slow-cooker but, as the name suggests, these units are capable of handling a multitude of different tasks.
This can include anything from boiling, frying, steaming and rice-cooking to sautéing, browning, pressure cooking and slow-cooking, all in one handy device. There is a whole range of multi cookers on the market with varying functions, some of which are capable of making things such as yoghurt or even stirring your risotto for you – great for the forgetful amongst us who always end up with a burnt pan.
Far from simply making life in the kitchen easier, some multi cookers are even capable of completing tasks that will wow your guests at a dinner party, such as creating fondue or wood smoking meats. If you love to cook but don’t always have the time or can’t seem to get your timings quite right, then there’s no doubt that you could benefit from having a multi cooker in the house. These amazing devices can give you the confidence you need to get in the kitchen and start cooking fresh and healthy meals for your guests.
Not only do they offer all the convenience of a slow-cooker, where you can bung in the ingredients in the morning and come home to a sumptuous and tender stew, they are also proficient in a whole range of other tasks that will increase the scope of your culinary skills immeasurably. They are perfect for making large batches of food for a family or for freezing, meaning that you can get the most out of your cooking.
A multi cooker can open up your kitchen to a whole range of dishes that you didn’t have the time or equipment to create before. These devices come with in-built functions which often require very little input, allowing you to get on with your daily life whilst they cook your meals to perfection. This makes them great for those who can’t find the time for cooking between family or work commitments.
For those who are constantly using food delivery apps to order greasy, high calorie food, a multi cooker could be the saviour you need to get your health back on track. They allow you to whip up nutritious meals using fresh ingredients at a fraction of the price and in record-breaking time, all in the comfort of your own home. Large batches make multi cookers perfect for creating family meals or batches for freezing, allowing you to enjoy delicious home-cooked food throughout the week.
Whilst creating a warming winter stew usually requires you to check your oven throughout the day, a multi cooker will self-regulate its temperature and pressure, allowing you to get on with life. Not only this, but multi cookers often come with a fryer, which allows you to create home-made chips and pakoras without the mess and danger of boiling oil in a saucepan. They are also perfect for creating side dishes such as steamed vegetables or rice, providing you with the perfect settings to create these accompaniments with ease.
But with so many different models on the market and a dizzying array of functions on offer, which are you to opt for? Here, we will take a look at the top five multi cookers to help you make your decision.
Tefal CY701840 Cook4Me Intelligent Multi Cooker Review – Our Number 1
The Tefal CY701840 Cook4Me Intelligent Multi Cooker (CHECK PRICE NOW!) is a real beast in the kitchen. This machine is perfect for those who want to eat healthy, fresh-cooked meals but just can’t find the time to cook. It comes with a vast range of suggested recipes, with many vegetarian options too.
Its intelligent interactive functions allow you to follow recipes with ease via its pre-programmed library and even advices you on the quantities needed for each ingredient, whilst it sets the appropriate function and temperature for you. This creates a futuristic approach to cooking that is unprecedented for those who don’t own such a device. At the top of its range, this Tefal multi cooker is effective, compact, reliable and functional, with a whole range of great features. Here are just a few of them:
- Easy to Use: Automatically sets cooking temperature and recipe times for you, so you’ll never end up with a burnt meal again! This is also great for those who want to leave it on whilst they go out.
- 6 Modes: This model comes with 6 great modes for a whole range of different purposes including: pressure cooking, steaming, browning, simmering, gentle cooking and reheating.
- Modern Display: This device’s interactive LCD screen allows for ease of use and clarity.
- Pre-Programmed Recipes: This model comes with an amazing pre-programmed library containing a whopping 100 built-in recipes – over 30 of which can be cooked in under 15 minutes! This is great for those who want to eat healthily but don’t have the time.
- Warming Function: This machine can keep your food toasty for up to 90 minutes, meaning you won’t need to panic when your meeting overruns or your train is delayed.
- Delay Function: The delayed start option means that you can program your device to start cooking whilst you’re out of the house, so you can return home to a tasty, freshly-cooked dinner.
- Large Capacity: This device’s generous six litre capacity can feed anywhere between two to six people, making it great for families or cooking in batches.
- Durable: Stainless steel makes for a highly durable device, plus non-stick coating makes it easy to clean and resistant to damage.
The Tefal CY701840 Cook4Me Intelligent Multi Cooker truly is at the top of the game when it comes to creating delicious meals on a time restraint. With its intelligent built-in recipes, even the worst cooks amongst us can release their inner Gordon Ramsay, whilst the more adventurous chefs can go rogue with its manual function.
Beyond the astonishing 100 built-in recipes, there’s a whole world of other recipes to be discovered on the Cook4Me app, making this a great resource for getting creative in the kitchen. On top of this, the Tefal Intelligent Multi Cooker is a solid little device, with a stainless-steel body and non-stick pan making it durable and easy to clean.
Its “keep-warm” setting may not last the longest of all those on the list, but it’s enough to cover most cases of schedule overruns, whilst its delayed cooking function is great for those who are constantly on the move. This product comes with the reliability and high-standards expected of a world-renowned brand name and produces delicious and infallible meals every time. The unparalleled performance of this neat machine makes it top of the range for those seeking the perfect helping hand in the kitchen.
Features: 6L Capacity – 6 Manual Cooking Modes – 100 Pre-Set Recipes – Stainless Steel – Non-Stick – Keep-Warm Setting up to 90 min – Delay Setting
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Review – Our Number 2
The Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker comes with an enviable range of functions, including the less common option to pasteurise and ferment, which makes homemade yoghurt a reality. Whilst most of us wouldn’t even know where to start with yoghurt making, this multi cooker allows you to develop your own unique flavours with ease.
It also comes with a handy rice-cooker function – you’ll never know what you were missing until you try it! Rice is notoriously difficult to cook, constantly burning and sticking to the pan creating a terrible mess to clean up. A rice-cooker allows you to create the perfect fluffy rice every time without fail – it truly is a revelation.
This machine can whip up your favourite nutritious meals in a fraction of the time and effort it would take for you to cook them yourself. It comes equipped with a detailed recipe book with time-tables to match, along with a steamer rack and measuring instruments. This is a high-end device with some great features as follows:
- Simple to Use: Automatically adjusts heat and regulates pressure, with proven safety mechanisms so that you can sit back and relax whilst it does all the hard work for you.
- 7 Modes: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, browning, yoghurt maker, steamer and warmer.
- Built-in Controls: Comes with 14 built-in controls, including dual pressure, automatic keep-warm, and three different microprocessor-controlled temperatures for slow cooking and sautéing.
- Energy Efficient: This model is highly energy-efficient, using 70% less energy than standard cooking. This not only saves you on your electricity bills but also makes for a near silent device that does not release steam, allowing you to enjoy your kitchen in peace.
- Wearable: 3-ply stainless steel base makes this device unbeatable when it comes to durability.
- Time-Saving: Cooking regular meals can be expected between 2-6 times with this remarkable device. It also comes with a 24-hour timer to allow for delayed cooking.
Although the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker does not come with the same household brand name as the Tefal, it certainly comes top of the range in the world of multi cookers. This high-end device is built for purpose and it shows. It comes with some of the most wide-ranging controls on the list, making it a mean companion in the kitchen.
For the eco-warriors amongst us, this device also pays close attention when it comes to the environment, boasting high energy efficiency to save both money and the planet. It also has a far longer keep-warm time than the other devices on this list, which makes it handy for those with unreliable schedules. Its stainless-steel body means that it is a long-lasting device that is resistant to wear and tear.
On top of this, it has the highest capacity of any on the list, which lends it to those with larger families or more mouths to feed. However, at the price, it does not quite justify itself when compared to the relative affordability of the Tefal multi cooker. Unless you are dying to make home-made yoghurt, then it may not be worth forking out the extra cash.
Features: 6L Capacity – 7 Cooking Modes, incl. Yoghurt Maker – Keep-Warm Setting up to 10 hrs – Stainless Steel – Energy-Efficient
Crock-Pot SCCPRC507B 4.7 L 5Q Slow Cooker Review – Our Number 3
As the self-proclaimed makers of the original steam-cooker, Crock-Pot is world renowned for developing first-class kitchen ware, and this multi cooker is no exception. With precise countdown functions, you can time your cooking right down to the minute, allowing you to plan your meals around work and social commitments. If you’re constantly in a rush and resorting to unhealthy microwave meals, then this could be the device to get yourself back on track. Here’s a breakdown of this model’s great features:
- Timer-Function: This device’s clever programmable timer-function can be set anywhere between thirty minutes to twenty hours, covering a range of different purposes.
- Heat Settings: Two digital heat settings.
- Automatic Warming: This model comes with a handy automatic warming setting, so you don’t need to keep an eye on the clock for when it’s finished cooking.
- Oven and Dishwasher-Safe: This device’s stoneware can be handily removed for easy cleaning in the dishwasher, along with its glass lid. The bowl can also safely be heated in the oven.
- Servings: 4.7 litre capacity is able to serve up to 5 people.
Coming in at a similar price to the Tefal model, the Crock-Pot multi cooker is surprisingly reasonable. However, with a slightly lower capacity it does not quite match up when it comes to family or large-batch cooking.
On top of this, its functionality does not come close to that of either the Instant Pot or the Tefal. Although this model is still great for a range of timer-cooking purposes, it has a limited number of settings meaning that it does not come with the flexibility of other devices on this list. However, its wide-ranging timer function makes it a great choice for those seeking a glorified slow cooker with some added functionality.
Features: 4.7L Capacity – Digital Timer up to 20 hrs – Automatic Keep-Warm Setting – Dishwasher-Safe
Russell Hobbs Cook@Home Multi Cooker 21850-56 Review – Our Number 4
Boasting another top household name, the Russell Hobbs Cook@Home Multi Cooker earns its place on this list as one of the top models on the market. This compact device doesn’t take up too much valuable counter space but comes with a whopping eleven different functions, including the enviable yoghurt-maker. Not only is it capable of producing a range of hot meals, it can also be utilised as a bread and cake maker, making it perfect for those who love to bake. Whilst having devices for every one of these functions would likely overflow your kitchen cupboards, this compact and multifunctional cooker combines them all into one. In addition, its slow-cooker function means that you can create delicious melt-in-the-mouth stews, whilst its rice cooker is capable of producing the perfect fluffy rice. Here are this device’s key features:
- Keep Warm Function: This common but handy function means that you can cook your meals in advance and keep them warm until dinner-time without them getting dried out.
- LED Display allows for clear and easy setting of functions and timer.
- 11 Programmes allow you to cook anything from meat, fish and vegetables to bread, cakes, rice and yoghurt.
- 5L Capacity: This device’s 5L capacity means it is capable of feeding the family.
- Easy Clean: Stainless steel cooking pot with non-stick coating is durable and easy to clean.
With so many different functions, this clever multi cooker certainly packs a punch in the kitchen. It is priced slightly higher than the Tefal and the Crock-Pot but is far more reasonable than the Instant Pot, making it a great choice for those longing to make yoghurt at home on a lower budget. If you are looking for a high-functioning device that allows you to whip up a storm in the kitchen, then this is sure to be the device for you. All-in-all, this device makes a great choice for those seeking a wide-ranging multi cooker at a reasonable price.
Features: 5L Capacity – 11 Programmes, incl. Yoghurt Maker – Keep-Warm Setting – Stainless Steel – Non-Stick
Pricing: Mid-High Range
Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef Multicooker Review – Our Number 5
Yet another well-known brand, Morphy Richards brings its cards to the table with its simple but effective Intellichef Multicooker. Although this model may not come with all of the automated bells and whistles that the others on this list can boast, it does come with a highly attractive price tag and a range of cooking functions that will allow you to create a whole host of everyday meals with ease. Here, we will take a look at the functions this device has to offer:
- Clear Display: Temperature display allows you to cook with precision, whilst the glass lid allows you to monitor your meal’s progress with ease.
- 8 Functions: Allows you to maximise space in your kitchen by relying on this one handy device. These include: slow-cooking, steaming, frying, braising, boiling, grilling, stir frying and fast stewing.
- 5L Capacity: Makes this model large enough to feed the family.
- Extra Accessories: Comes complete with frying basket and steaming rack, so you don’t need to buy any extras. Also comes with a recipe book with recipes designed especially for use in this device.
This model is simple when compared to many of the others on this list but for the price it’s a great deal. With 8 varied settings, it can help you whip up a whole range of meals from its specially-designed recipe book with ease. If you want a functional multi cooker but don’t have too much cash to fork out, then this device could offer the perfect compromise. It is great for parents looking for a helping hand in the kitchen to allow them to create delicious fresh-cooked family meals with ease.
Features: 5L Capacity – 8 Programmes – Clear Display – Removable Pan
As our 24-hour society is leading so many of us to resort to take-aways and microwave meals on the run, our health is taking the toll. We are constantly seeking new ways to improve our health on a time limit, whether it be jogging or cycling to work, or opting for salads for lunch over burgers. But by the end of the day, most of us are understandably exhausted, making home-cooking a distant dream.
However, investing in a multi cooker could be just the thing to save you from this unbalanced lifestyle. A multi cooker can allow you to cook fresh and healthy meals in batches, whilst those with timer and warming functions allow you to fit your meals around a busy work schedule.
Whilst all five models on this list come with their own pros and cons, the Tefal CY701840 Cook4Me Intelligent Multi Cooker cannot be beaten for its functionality and price. This is a highly intelligent device that guides you through every recipe with space-age precision. For this reason, alongside its incredibly reasonable price tag, it is far and beyond the best model out there.
However, if you’re looking for something a little different that will challenge as well as help you in the kitchen, then the Russell Hobbs Cook@Home Multi Cooker is the one for you. With added functions such as bread and yoghurt making, this device truly will allow you to venture out of your comfort zone and create difficult concoctions with ease.
For those who just want a simple device that can perform a range of functions under their watchful eye, the Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef Multicooker makes a great low-price option. Although it does not have the same delayed cooking or warming features of some of the more expensive options, it provides many different cooking abilities in one small device, meaning it is great for saving space in the kitchen.
Whichever model you go for, a multi cooker is sure to have a life-changing effect on your relationship with food. Your days of greasy fast-food dinners will finally be over, allowing you to feel healthier and happier with your new fresh-food multi cooker diet.