Top 5 Treadmills
- 1 Top 5 Treadmills
- 1.1 Branx Fitness Foldable ‘Elite Run Pro’ Soft Drop System Treadmill Review – Our Number 1
- 1.2 JLL S300 Digital Folding Treadmill, 2018 Review – Number 2
- 1.3 XM-PROIII Treadmill – 2018 Model Review – Number 3
- 1.4 Sportstech F10 Treadmill Review – Number 4
- 1.5 PremierFit T330 – Motorised Electric Treadmill/Folding Running Machine Review – Number 5
- 1.6 Verdict
Dragging yourself out of bed and heading out to the gym is never an easy task. It’s far easier to just hit that snooze button one more time, right? As much as the benefits of working out are lauded – great body, increased serotonin, cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure – you just can’t seem to get on the right track.
Many people are not just lacking in motivation, they are held back by confidence issues, too. Working out at the gym can be intimidating – you’re surrounded by fitness fanatics and athletes and it can feel like all eyes are on you.
There’s no end of things to worry about: are you using the equipment correctly? Should you be lifting heavier weights? Is everyone staring at your jiggling belly? How has that person next to you maintained 20mph on the treadmill for over an hour?!
If you’re struggling to get into the whole gym routine, it might be time to approach it from a different angle. Setting up your own equipment at home, whether it be cross trainers, rowing machines, exercise bikes or treadmills, is a great step in the right direction. When you’re exercising in the comfort of your own home, you no longer have to be plagued by paranoia and self-doubt. You can go at your own pace, find your own routine, and experiment with the equipment to your heart’s content.
One of the most common and most effective pieces of home gym equipment is the treadmill. They are the perfect companion for a cardiovascular workout that will really get your blood flowing. Running in public can be sweaty, dangerous and subject to interruptions, which is why having a treadmill in your front room is the perfect antidote.
You can work out in your pjs if you want to and ain’t no one gonna judge you. If that’s not a selling point, we don’t know what is! If you’re dead set on changing your ways and getting into a decent exercise routine, a treadmill provides an easy-to-use solution that allows you to track your progress over time.
Most treadmills come with a monitor that will calculate speed, distance, heart rate and even calories burnt, which is a great motivator. By setting goals – burn 300 calories; lose 2lbs; run 10 km a day – you can push yourself forward and begin to see real results.
Nowadays, many models come with in-built entertainment systems such as speakers. This is a really useful feature, as you can forgo attempting to listen to your phone whilst getting wrapped up in the headphones and watching your phone fly off the end of the treadmill (it happens to us all the time!). music is proven to be a great motivator whilst exercising so we really recommend utilising these features to get the most out of your workout.
On top of this, many models come with in-built exercise programmes that will allow you to opt for workouts focused on things like endurance, speed, heartrate and incremental improvement. This is perfect for those who are unsure how best to plan their workouts, as you can just press a button and away you go with a pre-planned, proven exercise regime.
If you’re sold on investing in a treadmill, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve reviewed the 5 top treadmills on the market so you can make an informed purchase. From the best features to the value for money, here’s a rundown of what you can expect from these top models.
Branx Fitness Foldable ‘Elite Run Pro’ Soft Drop System Treadmill Review – Our Number 1
The Branx Fitness Foldable ‘Elite Run Pro’ treadmill (CHECK PRICE HERE!) is a solid piece of machinery that looks really professional. It’s touchscreen display makes for easy handling and it has an impressive range of functions which can be amended at the touch of a button – the speed and incline can even be adjusted via the handlebars, which is a handy feature. If you are looking for a machine capable of matching up to those in the gym without having to leave you front door, then look no further than the Branx ‘Elite Run Pro’. Here are some of its main features:
- Track your workout with an easy-to-use touchscreen console and LCD display, which shows all the essentials, including time, speed, incline, distance, heartrate and calories burned.
- Get motivated to some pumping beats with built-in iPod compatible speakers, plus aux and USB ports.
- Push yourself with 22 modes of auto-incline, allowing you to take your workout to the next level.
- Keep up with Sonic with 23 kilometre/hour top speed.
- 140 x 52 cm running area and 2 mm belt thickness.
- Inbuilt plasma cooling fan means you can wave goodbye to sweaty Betty.
- Powerful 6.5 HP peak motor.
- Change your speed and incline with the touch of a button allowing you to challenge yourself.
- Dual shock 10-point absorption running deck suspension system keeps you safe as you run.
- Foldable for easy transportation.
- Comes with 5-year warranty and a friendly set-up and aftercare service, so you needn’t worry about assembly.
- Pre-programmed routines available to inspire you on your workout.
We especially love the in-built speakers, which are great for listening to some tunes to motivate you on your workout. The machine runs smoothly and quietly, meaning your music won’t be interrupted. The fan is another added bonus that you won’t find on every other treadmill and is great for helping you stay cool on longer workouts.
Branx customer service is also second to none – if you experience any issues or have any queries, they are always on hand to help. There is a great range of inclines which adjust smoothly from one to the next, which really helps you to challenge yourself during the workout. Overall, this is a great mid-range option which is more than capable of rivalling more expensive models.
The excellent customer service and long warranty are the cherry on the cake, as they offer peace of mind that the product will last well into the future. If you are looking for a professional piece of equipment and are willing to pay the price tag that comes with it, this is a great treadmill that is capable of matching up to those found in the gym.
Features: 6.5HP Motor – 22 Level Auto Incline – Cushioned ‘Dual Shock 10-Point Absorption System’ – Folding Mechanism – 23 km/h Max Speed – 5 Year Warranty – Built-in Speakers – Touchscreen LCD Display
JLL S300 Digital Folding Treadmill, 2018 Review – Number 2
This JLL S300 folding treadmill present a great value option for those seeking to build a home gym on a middling budget. The machine itself is good quality and the setup is fairly straightforward. It has a great shock absorption system which cushions your tread well when running and the incline can be adjusted via the display as you go, meaning your workout won’t be interrupted.
With a wide range of pre-set options, you can develop a tailored workout that will motivate you to keep pushing forward and trying faster speeds or higher inclines to really get your heart going. Here’s a look at some of this treadmill’s key features:
- LCD monitor displays time, speed, incline, distance, heartrate and calories burned, so you can track your workout throughout.
- High-powered built-in speakers can be connected to iPod, iPhone and MP3 players plus USB port – great for entertainment whilst you run.
- 20 incline levels allow a broad range of difficulties, so you can have a lazy day or go hard.
- 16-point cushion deck absorption system softens impact on joints and simulates the feeling of running on the road.
- 123 x 41 cm running area.
- This treadmill is not only foldable but also comes with wheels, making it easy to move and store.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty on the motor and a lifetime guarantee on the frame, meaning it’s built to last.
- Respectable maximum speed of 16 km/h.
- Built-in digital sensors on the handrails allow you to change speed smoothly and safely.
- 15 pre-set workout programs to choose from.
- Stay hydrated as you run with 2 in-built bottle holders.
We found this treadmill to be slightly noisy when running but you quickly get used to it. The wheels and folding mechanism make for easy storage when not in use, although the machine itself is quite heavy.
It’s a great option for having entertainment whilst you run due to the inbuilt speakers and handy shelf for holding your phone or tablet, which is good for watching movies on the go! The running deck is slightly smaller and the speed range slightly lower than the Branx treadmill but at this price, who’s complaining?
This is a great choice for those on a budget and comes with all the features you’d expect from a decent treadmill. It’s not quite on par with more expensive models but it certainly does the job. If you’re looking for a good value option, then this is the machine for you.
Features: 4.5HP Motor – 20 Incline Levels – 15 Professional Programs – 16 km/h Max Speed – 5 Year Warranty – USB and Speakers – LCD Monitor – Folding Mechanism – 16-Point Cushion Deck Absorption System
XM-PROIII Treadmill – 2018 Model Review – Number 3
The XM-PROIII treadmill may not come with all the bells and whistles of the more expensive models on the market, but it is a sturdy and user-friendly machine that comes with an attractive price tag. If you’re looking to keep fit on a budget and are unlikely to hit the lofty heights of 20km/h, then its 12 km/h capacity might be just the thing for you. Simple but effective, here’s a list of its main features:
- Comes with simple LCD display plus a heartrate sensor, calorie counter and magnetic safety key for emergency stops – so you won’t go flying out the window!
- Free eBooks provided, including fitness, healthy eating and product maintenance guides to help you stay on track.
- 3 levels of incline must be adjusted manually.
- Built-in speakers, drinks holder and towel rail.
- 110 x 40 cm running area.
- Comes with added bonus of free aerobic twist disc, so you can diversify your workout, as well as a free fruit infusion drinking bottle, so you can enjoy some refreshing fruity beverages as you run!
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Comes with transport wheels and folding mechanism for easy storage.
- Maximum speed of 12 km/h.
- 12 auto workout programs to choose from plus one manual level.
- Quick speed buttons allow you to adjust 3/5/7km with ease.
With this product, you get what you pay for. It has fewer modes and a lower speed capacity than other more expensive models and it is a little noisy to run. However, it is a neat and compact machine that is easy to assemble, use and store. Plus, it comes with a few freebies – who doesn’t like free stuff? Although we’d recommend forking out for a slightly more expensive model with a wider range of features, this is a sturdy option that does the job for those seeking a low-cost home treadmill.
It comes with built-in speakers and a tablet holder, making it great for using multimedia whilst running. The main let-down is the incline setting, which only comes with 3 settings and has to be adjusted manually, which can interrupt your workout quite badly. Apart from that, this is a great value machine.
Features: 1100W Motor – 3 Manual Incline Levels – 12 Auto Programs – 12 km/h Max Speed – 2 Year Warranty – Built-in Speakers – Folding Mechanism
Sportstech F10 Treadmill Review – Number 4
The Sportstech F10 is another good value treadmill that won’t break the bank. It may not be quite so professional-looking as its pricier counterparts but it has some decent features that deserve to be noted.
It comes with a compatible fitness app, which we thought was a great idea for helping you stay on track, although, in practice, the app could do with a little work, as it isn’t always able to keep on top of the distance and calorie figures. Let’s take a look at some of this treadmill’s key features:
- LCD display shows time, distance, speed, calories, and pulse.
- Special 5-layer hi-tech running surface with side treads makes for a safe workout that’s easy on the joints, plus the self-lubricating system makes for easy maintenance.
- Heart-rate belt provides accurate readings throughout your run.
- 1HP DC motor means that the machine runs quietly.
- Foldable frame with wheels for easy moving/storage.
- Maximum speed of 10 km/h.
- 12 pre-programmed workout settings that will let you choose the type of exercise you want to get out of the treadmill.
- App-compatible console and tablet holder allows you to use iFitshow fitness app with your workout. You can also control the treadmill through your phone or tablet.
This treadmill is robust and compact – making it great for those with little room to spare, as it is a lot smaller than other models, but this also means it isn’t great for those who are very tall or of a larger build. Although it is less powerful than some of the other machines on this list, this does come with the silver lining of it not being too noisy to run.
One thing to note is that it only comes with a European plug, so you’ll need an adapter if you’re a UK buyer. It comes with a free heartrate belt and a range of speed settings meaning it has all the key features needed for a decent workout. If you only plan on hitting a leisurely 10 km/h then this is a great value option with some good features, although the XM-PROIII comes at even lower price point and we reckon it has greater functionality than this model.
Features: 1HP Motor – 3 Manual Incline Levels – Compatible with Mobile App – 10 km/h Max Speed – Folding Mechanism
PremierFit T330 – Motorised Electric Treadmill/Folding Running Machine Review – Number 5
The PremierFit T330 is an impressive piece of machinery with wide-ranging features and a high-power output. It comes with many different built-in exercise programs and more manual settings than your average, meaning that you can create targeted workouts tailored to fit your personal goals. It’s surprising to us that this model falls within a mid-range price bracket as it really has some standout features that are more commonly seen in high-budget machines. Here’s a look at some of its best attributes:
- Comes with 12 built-in exercise programs and 3 manual programs for a range of different workout options.
- SX+ shock absorption technology offers a multi-point cushioning system to absorb maximum impact, making it easy on the joints and muscles.
- 20 levels of automatic electronic incline adjustment make it easy to control the difficulty of your run.
- Micro-adjustable speed controls can reach up to 16 km/h.
- Built-in speaker with USB and aux inputs plus a headphone output allows for a range of music listening capabilities.
- 2-year warranty on the frame and a lifetime warranty on the motor provide peace of mind.
We were particularly impressed with the shock absorption system on this model, which makes for a comfortable run that will not negatively impact your joints. It has a great range of inclines which can be adjusted automatically without disruption to your workout and a great in-built speaker to keep you entertained.
For this price, it is surprising to find a machine with a lifetime motor warranty – which is testament to this treadmill’s quality. It is easy to assemble and folds away neatly for storage. The display is clear and professional and the running belt is roomy making for a comfortable workout. The speakers work well and you can even insert an SD card which is a great feature. To top it all off, it also runs quietly. All-in-all an excellent piece of machinery at a very respectable price point.
Features: 4.5HP – 20-Level Automatic Incline – In-built Speakers – Lifetime Warranty on Motor – 12 Built-in Programs and 3 Manual Programs – 16 km/h Max Speed – Folding Mechanism
A treadmill certainly is a great motivator for getting fit. We loved the in-built speakers on these models, which were great for listening to some motivational tunes whilst working out. With the option to insert an SD card, the PremierFit T330’s speakers have to come in first place. This great feature meant that you didn’t need to worry about charging up your phone or having internet connectivity in order to listen to tunes you could just load it up, insert it and leave it in ready for each time you exercise.
The XM-PROIII treadmill came in cheapest and was a fierce rival for its more expensive counterpart, the Sportstech F10. If you’re looking for a no-nonsense machine on a budget, then this has to be the one for you. It comes with almost as many programmed workouts as the more expensive models and can reach a respectable 12km/h, which is perfect for those wanting a gentler at-home workout. The range of freebies that come with it only serve to sweeten the deal further – you’ll really feel as if you’ve got your money’s worth. The only drawback is the manual incline settings but if you’re able to deal with this, then you can stand to save a good chunk of money with this option.
If you’ve got cash in the bank and are willing to splash out a little, then by all means go for the Branx ‘Elite Run Pro’. This model might be far pricier than the others on the list, but it really shines through in the quality. It looks and feels professional and, with a whopping max speed of 23km/h, it blasts the others out of the water when it comes to getting a real workout.
For those without the means to purchase the Elite Run Pro, the PremierFit T330 has got to be our favourite pick. With excellent shock absorption, an impressive range of modes and inclines and a max speed of 16km/h, this model is truly unbeatable for the price point. This is an incredibly powerful machine that will transform your home into a gym in no time.